What to expect
- Our worship is simple. We sing, we pray, we read Scripture, and we listen to a sermon.
- We are governed by what is known as the regulative principle of worship. "Put simply, the regulative principle of worship states that the corporate worship of God is to be founded upon specific directions of Scripture." -Derek Thomas
- This principle means that we examine Scripture to know what to do, and do not do anything not directly commanded in Scripture. What do we get when we do that? Our confession puts it this way: "Prayer is to be made . . . the reading of the Scriptures, preaching, and hearing the Word of God, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing with grace in our hearts to the Lord; as also the administration of baptism, and the Lord's supper, are all parts of religious worship of God, to be performed in obedience to him, with understanding, faith, reverence, and godly fear." -Second London Baptist Confession, Chapter 22:4, 5.
- We sing from the Trinity Hymnal (Revised Edition) and The Book of Psalms for Singing.
- We observe the Lord's Supper on the first Sunday of the month. Visitors who are members in good standing in an evangelical church are welcome to partake with us.
- We believe in families worshiping together and are working hard to train our young children in this glad work of worship. However, we do have nursery facilities available for those who wish to use them (children age 5 and under). The nursery is located on the lower level and is staffed with ladies who would be happy to serve you in this way during our worship service. Please ask one of our ushers to direct you to the nursery and toddler area.
The Lord JEsus Christ Says
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”